Tuesday, December 27, 2005

New Year's Eve

Today was Boxing Day. I was invited to my friend’s house for lunch , and had a marvellous time there. Everything was going so perfectly before I went to work at 6:00 P.M. A few weeks ago,I gave my manager a notice that I wasn’t going to be available to work on 31st of December, as it’s New Year’s Eve. Today, when I went to pick up my roster, I realised that he’s given me a shift on that night. At first, I thought that was some kind of mistake as I had talked to him about it before. So, what I did was, I went to his office, and explained the situation to him one more time. I told him that I’ve already made plans for that night and that I’m not going to be able to work that night. In return he said, ‘tough luck mate’. (I want you to know that at this point in time I was talking in such a nice manner). I told him that I’m definitely not going to be able to make it, and it was then that he called me a ‘f****** middle eastern’. And it was then that I lost my composure. And I said ‘you know what? I quit’, and then I just stormed out of his office.

I don’t know if that was the smartest thing that I could’ve said and done, but that’s what I did. And up till this point, I don’t have any regrets. I have always thought of myself as being calm and easy going. I don’t know what happened tonight. I guess I lost it when he insulted me with his racial remarks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hydra said...

Dude, don't you worry about that. No self-respecting human being would just stand there and hear those words. quitting one's job is though, but it's worse to tolerate shit like that. Maybe you can sue his ass for making racial remarks at work, or write something for his supervisor.

10:43 AM  
Blogger nyx said...

jeah, I was also thinking about suing the p*. Don't you have any lawyers among your friends? someone who you can ask about rules and regulations and so on?
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you dear.
love
/nyx

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home